Roof Replacement Services in McLean, NY
At Artcraft Home Improvements, we’re here to put you at ease during your next residential roofing project. Our no-obligation inspection services are designed to help customers learn about us and see if we can meet their needs. Because quality workmanship and customer satisfaction are at the heart of everything we do, we strive to ensure that your home’s transformation is a seamless, swift, and long-lasting one.
Protect Your Home With a New Roof
Your home’s roof is one of its most important parts—after all, it keeps the elements out! The roof absorbs the impact of hail, rain, and wind, which means it’s only natural that it may need replacing after a few decades of service.
The key to ensuring a roof’s longevity is to spot problems early and to address them as soon as possible. Here are a few signs that it’s time to schedule a roof inspection and consider a full replacement:
- The roof is more than 20 years old
- Its flashing is damaged
- There’s visible daylight between pieces of roof decking
- The gutters are full of shingle granules
- Shingles are missing
- There’s significant wind or hail damage
- Serious leaks, mold growth, and water damage
When shingles are missing and there are granules in the gutters, it’s a good indication of the level of wear and tear the roof experiences—and it makes it easy to assess its condition. Check the attic and crawlspace regularly, looking for dark spots, moisture, and other signs that may demonstrate the need for replacement. If one or more of these signs are visible, consider calling the pros at Artcraft Home Improvements to schedule an installation.
The Most Common Causes of Roof Damage
To make it easier for the area’s home and business owners to understand why and how these trouble signs appear, we’ve compiled a list of the most common factors that lead to roof damage.
- Weather. Rain, hail, and strong winds can take a toll on a roof. While rainfall typically causes leaks and holes, wind can tear away shingles, leaving the entire structure vulnerable to further damage and decreasing its energy efficiency.
- Damaged flashing. A roof’s flashing preserves the watertight seal between corners and sections. When it’s torn or damaged, water can get in, causing leaks and damaging the roof further. During a yearly inspection, we’ll examine the flashing thoroughly.
- Age. Just as with other materials, residential and commercial roofs deteriorate, lose energy efficiency, and require repairs with age. If the roof is at the end of its useful life and you’re looking for options, schedule an estimate with us and we’ll guide you in the right direction.
- Poor maintenance. Most people don’t give much thought to the roof overhead—until there’s a problem, that is. Annual inspections can increase a roof’s life expectancy by finding and solving minor problems before they become major issues.
- Low-quality installation. This is one of the biggest factors leading to roof failure. Not only will a poorly installed roof require repairs more often, but it may also need to be replaced early. Choosing a company like Artcraft Home Improvements will ensure that your new roof is built with quality materials that stand the test of time.
While it’s impossible to stop roof damage that comes from natural causes, choosing quality materials, scheduling regular maintenance, and working with reliable contractors will help mitigate it. Our experienced team members will inspect your roof, inform you of its condition, and make unbiased, common-sense recommendations.
Why Choose Us?
At Artcraft Home Improvements, we have the expertise and experience to inspect roofs, detect damage, and offer Roofing Services that fit property owners’ needs and budget. We’re known as some of the area’s hardest working and most meticulous contractors, and we don’t just strive to meet customers’ expectations—we work to exceed them. For almost four decades, we have served the greater Ithaca area with honor, pride, and honesty.
We know that it can be tough to choose a roofing contractor, simply because so many options are available. There are numerous things to think about before deciding, but trust is the most important factor. That’s why we offer no-obligation inspections—so you get the chance to learn about our company, and so we can evaluate the current condition of your roof and make accurate, honest recommendations.
After we’ve inspected your roof, we will provide you with a written estimate, as well as an emailed copy, which includes the price of the project and an approximate completion timeline. We believe in clear and transparent pricing, and at Artcraft, you’ll always get what you pay for. Request additional information online or call today to schedule an Inspection.